Homs, the city held hostage in the early days of the crisis in Syria in the hands of terrorists before the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) managed to clean it, is witnessing since liberation an ongoing rebuilding and building workshop, the latest is a university hospital.
Al-Baath University head Dr. Ahmad Mufeed Subh confirmed the new University Hospital in Homs is one of the most important projects under construction and expected to open in 2017.
Residents of Homs, students and teachers will all benefit FOR FREE from this new complex that comprises of 2 blocks one for College of Human Medicine and the other for the students dorms.
A number of specialized clinics and treatment centers attached to the hospital will be added as well, most notably the prosthesis (artificial body parts) center, must needed now due to the crisis.
Al-Baath University, founded in 1979 and 4th largest university in Syria after Damascus University (founded 1923), Aleppo University (founded 1958) and Tishreen University in Latakia (founded 1971), is educating 140,000 students in public and open learning each year, has a 750 professor cadre and 2,500 higher education students.
In spite the illegal and inhumane decades-old sanctions the West impose on Syria, including on the health and humanitarian sectors run by the government, the Syrian government manages to equip its hospitals with the latest technologies and equipment required.
Worth noting that Syria, like Cuba, had and still has one of the most modern and advanced healthcare sectors in the region, ALMOST FREE from treatments for headache to specialized hospitals for cancer treatment, and the Syrian healthcare provides for all residents in the country, whether citizens, guests from occupied Palestine, invaded and destroyed Iraq, Lebanon and medical tourists who head there for cheaper and next to free treatment from even rich countries like the Gulf Council and Turkey, the ones who rewarded Syria with all their hatred.
Syrian universities and university hospitals, along with their cadres of professors, staff and students were one of the main targets of invading terrorists since the early days of the crisis.
Some of the terror attacks targeting Syria’s universities not to mention the bombs next to schools:
- Professor Seham Dannoun targeted by US Senator McCain buddies: http://syrianews.cc/john-mccains-barbarian-friends-target-scientist-damascus/
- FSA Murders Dr. Tasabihji Head of University Hospital in Aleppo: http://democratic-syria.blogspot.com/2012/10/fsa-murders-dr-tasabihji-head-of.html
- Damascus University attack by anti-Islamic Wahhabi Sex Jihadists killing 20 architectural pupils after a similar attack on Aleppo University that killed 80 students and injured more than 160: http://syrianews.cc/syrias-assad-commemorates-damascus-university-martyrs.
- FSA ‘liberated’ to rubbles the Syrian state-owned pharmaceutical factory: http://syrianews.cc/largest-cancer-treating-hospital-closed-temporarily-syria/.
- Largest Cancer Treating Hospital in Syria Closed: http://syrianews.cc/largest-cancer-treating-hospital-closed-temporarily-syria/.
- Wahhabis Continue Destroying Syria’s Infrastructure – Al Kindi Hospital in Rubbles Now: http://syrianews.cc/wahhabis-continue-destroying-syrias-infrastructure-al-kindi-hospital-rubble-now/.
And the list goes on and on.