Argentina rejects participation in US-led attack on Syria.
While the President of Argentina, Cristina Kirchner, has made a new statement in regards of the Syrian conflict and the possible US-led military strike on Damascus, the Russian Foreign Ministry in Moscow has published a very interesting and important statement about the attack by terrorists against Syrian civilians and soldiers in Khan al Assal (Khan al-Asal, near the city of Aleppo) in March, 2013.
The statement by the Russian Foreign Ministry stressed that the chemical projectile, used in the attack on Syrian soldiers and civilians in Khan al-Assal (countryside of Aleppo) in March this year, did not belong to the Syrian Arab Army (SAA).
In the meantime, the President of Argentina Cristina Kirchner underlined that her country will not participate in any foreign military attack against Syria. However, in terms of Argentina, Brazil, and Venezuela, such a rejection of the participation in any US-led foreign military intervention into Syria was already foreseeable.
Cristina Kirchner, the President of Argentina, said in her new statement that nobody wants a war and that her government in Argentina believes that the any military strike on Syria by foreign military forces will not resolve the conflict in the Arab country, instead it would only increase the violence in Syria as well as the suffering of the Syrian people.
The President of Argentina made these new remarks upon her arrival in the Russian city of Saint Petersburg for the upcoming G20 Summit. She further stressed that Argentina does “not believe solving the problem of the killed would be through more killing.” Of course, this is correct.
Afterwards, she described the military option against Syria, favoured, demanded and supported by the US administration of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and President Barack Obama, France, the Israeli regime in Tel Aviv and the totalitarian dictatorship in Saudi Arabia, as a “total distraction”. According to the President of Argentina, Cristina Kirchner, the issue “should be dealt with in a civilized way far from ideological stances because there is no ideology for death.”
As mentioned, the Russian Foreign Ministry in the capital Moscow has pointed out in a new statement that the chemical projectile which was used in Khan al-Assal in the countryside of the Syrian city of Aleppo in March 2013 did not belong to the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and that it hopes that the results and conclusions of the investigation by the Russian experts of samples from the site of attack and the chemical projectile will push for a more accurate investigation by the West in this regard.
The statement by the Russian Foreign Ministry, which was released yesterday, also mentioned the “massive stove-piping of various information aimed at placing the responsibility for the alleged chemical weapons use in Syria on Damascus, even though the results of the UN investigation have not yet been revealed.” According to the statement by the Russian Foreign Ministry, such means only pave the way for a military action against Syria.
The Russian administration in Moscow rejects a US-led military strike on Syria due to the situation that Washington and its allies have so far not presented any convincing evidence for their accusations against the Syrian government in Damascus that is has used chemical weapons (e.g. Sarin nerve agent) against Syrian civilians in suburbs (e.g. Jobar) of the capital on August 21.
According to the Russian President Vladimir Putin, the accusations by Washington against the Syrian governance and President Bashar al-Assad in Damascus are “utter nonsense“. Russia’s President Putin also said that the current serious turmoil in and around Syria and the accusations in regards of the alleged use of chemical weapons on Syrian soil as well as the US threats against Damascus need evidence and not rumours. The Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov has also stated that the US administration of President Obama has to share detailed information and real evidence, in case there is evidence.
The new statement by the Russian Foreign Ministry in Moscow also said that the shell used in the attack in Khan al-Assal in March 2013 (Aleppo countryside) “does not belong to the standard ammunition of the Syrian army and was crudely according to type and parameters of the rocket-propelled unguided missiles manufactured in the north of Syria by the so-called Bashair al-Nasr brigade.”
Russia has already handed a 100-page report to the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on July 9th on the attack by foreign-backed terrorists against Syrian civilians and soldiers, which took place in Khan al-Assal (Khan al-Asal) near the Syrian city of Aleppo.