US military action against Syria: Israel will be first victim says an official from Iran.
The senior member of Iran’s Majlis Director General for International Affairs, Hossein Sheikholeslam, said in a recent interview from Monday that an airstrike by the U.S. military against Damascus is very unlikely and that the possibility of a general military strike on Syria is also very low.
However, the senior member of Iran’s Majlis also said that the Israeli regime in Tel Aviv will be the first victim in the case of a potential military strike by Washington against Syria.
Iran’s Majlis Director General for International Affairs, Hossein Sheikholeslam, said in his interview from Monday that the regime in Tel Aviv (Israel) will be the first entity that will become a victim in case the United States really launches a military intervention in Syria.
Sheikholeslam further stated that the situation of a military strike by Washington against Syria is very unlikely, but the senior member of Iran’s Majlis added to his statement that if such a situation actually occurs, the “Zionist regime” (Israel) would “be the first victims” because the Syrian military is capable of launching a major military offensive on Israel.
According to the senior member of Iran’s Majlis, such a major offensive by the Syrian military against the Israeli regime in Tel Aviv would “flatten the place that is tied to the national security” of the United States.
The Iranian Director General for International Affairs, Hossein Sheikholeslam, also spoke about the Western accusations against the Syrian government in Damascus and said in principle the same as the Iranian Ambassador to Syria, of course.
However, the Iranian lawmaker Sheikholeslam also said in his recent statement that the accusation that the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) has carried out chemical attacks near the Syrian capital Damascus is a “Western-Arab plot against Damascus” and nothing else.
The Iranian Director General for International Affairs added that the units of the Syrian Army have made major gains in their battles against the foreign-backed Takfiri militants and terrorists and that the Syrian forces have “confused the armed militants” and “placed them (foreign-backed terrorists) in a situation of decline.”
According to Mr Sheikholeslam, the Russian administration in Moscow will also not repeat the same mistake it has made in terms of Libya in 2011 when it comes to the Syrian conflict. The Iranian lawmaker is sure about the situation that Russia will not act the same way it did in terms of Libya when it comes to Syria.
Several Western governments, including the United States and Britain, accuse the Syrian government that its military has carried out a chemical attack against terrorist groups and Syrian civilians near the capital Damascus last week. However, Russia says there is no evidence for such claims by the West and the Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov even said that the West is saying it has evidence for such a claim but never has shown this evidence until now.
In addition, the Iranian envoy to Syria had some logical conclusions why the accusation by these Western governments is nothing else but propaganda without an evidence and also Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad had one or two logical statements why these accusations against Damascus in terms of the alleged use of chemical weapons against terrorists and Syrian civilians is just wrong and not true.
President Bashar al-Assad described the recent allegations against the Syrian government in the capital as an “insult to common sense” and “nonsense.”
Further, the government in Damascus categorically rejects the baseless accusation by these Western governments and several political analysts are convinced that the situation is similar to the time before the war against Iraq – also in terms of the baseless claims, propaganda and lies by Western governments and mass media.