General Atomics Aeronautical Systems UK Ltd, the company that manufactures the death machines Obama love to use had its website hacked, defaced and more ‘correct’ information about its products were posted. The drones manufacturer’s website http://www.ga-as.com/ was still hacked as of the time writing this report.
On the main website picture of a drone the hackers wrote: ‘Leading the Targeted Killing Revolution’ and a copyright to ‘Predator C Avenger©’, all menus and contents seems to be manipulated:
- The About menu was linked to Drone Warfare Killing Remote Control book on Amazon UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drone-Warfare-Killing-Remote-Control/dp/1781680779/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1361429717&sr=1-1),
- Products and Services menu linked to a blog Drone Wars UK (https://dronewarsuk.wordpress.com/),
- News & Information menu linked to the Drones category in The Bureau of Investigative Journalism website (http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/category/projects/drones/),
- Resources menu lead to Stop The Drones website (http://www.stopthedrones.org.uk/),
- and Careers menu to UK’s government job search portal (https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch).
Contents were as much fun, under Upcoming Events box it was written:
‘Ground The Drones, RAF Waddington, Lincoln, LN5 9NB, 27th April, 2013 and a Website link to Stop the War Coalition event of the same ().’
Our Company section had: ‘The business of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems UK Ltd (GA-UK) is the development of transformational technologies that deliver paradigm-changing results. An affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, GA-UK is a world leader in proven, lethal Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drones). The company is dedicated to providing long-endurance, mission-capable aircraft with the ability to provide continual surveillance of suspect populations and the targeted killing of any person deemed a threat to US/UK interests in the Middle East and beyond. Click here to download ‘Living Under Drones’ a recent Stanford/NYU report demonstrating the effectiveness of our products.’
Then hackers added: ‘General Atomics’ Predator and Reaper drones are being used to kill thousands of innocent people and terrorize hundreds of thousands more. Now the company has spread to the UK, enabling Britain to operate its Reaper drones from our own soil for the first time, and siphoning off the talents and expertise of British employees whose valuable skills could be making the world a better place instead of a worse one. General Atomics is making enormous profits from the futile, perpetual ‘War on Terror’. The families and communities ripped apart by its products have been less fortunate.’
And the last section:
‘Naeemullah, aged 10 or 11 years, was hit by shrapnel from a drone missile strike on a neighbouring house in Datta Khel, Northern Pakistan, on 18th October, 2010. General Atomics drones have killed at least 176 children in Pakistan since 2004. Naeemullah died an hour after this photograph was taken.
Photograph by Noor Behram’ which Noor Behram leads to Rare Photographs Show Ground Zero of the Drone War (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/12/photos-pakistan-drone-war/).’
Now that is hacking..